Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cloth Diapers

I have been using prefolds and wraps for about 3 weeks now and have decided that it is a lot easier then people think. I am taking it slowly, at this point we are using cloth during the day when we are at home. While out of the house and at night I am still using disposable. So, at this point, I am only doing one extra load of laundry every other day, that isn't very much extra water consumption.
The best part is approx. 2190 diapers a year are not going into a landfill and $876 is staying in our wallets.
Getting started is easy! I bought a dozen prefolds for $20 and 2 wraps at $12.95 a piece, we already had a couple wraps and pocket diapers that were gifts.
I am so tired! I have taken to staying up for a couple hours after Declan goes to bed just so I can have some me time. Tonight I deyed my hair, made my first bundt cake and I sewed a really cute burp cloth.

No comments: