Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Paci


Declan discovered the joys pf a binky today.

I have been trying to get him to take a pacifier ever since he decided he didn’t like his 3 months ago. I have probably spent $50 on all different types and for some reason I never listened to my sisters suggestion to get a Nam paci. I finally broke down and spent another $6 just in case he would like this one. Voila! He instantly started sucking. He loves the darn thing already. I REALLY this helps make car rides a bit smoother.

I don’t believe in the cry-it-out method so getting him to take a paci is my first step in getting him to go to sleep without breast in mouth. I want him to start sleeping in his crib so Shane and I can have our bed back. I miss spooning :)

We are going to start a bedtime routine, after the holidays, that we will strictly follow each night to help with the transition.

I think the routine will go like this:

Bath

Nurse

Swing

Story


Rock to sleep

No comments: