Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We are sick :(

A few weeks back I thought Declan had his first cold because he was fussy and a little stuffed up. After a day the stuffiness was gone, so I just wrote it off as caused by the change in weather.
Today, Declan woke up at 6am coughing and struggling to breath through his nose. Every time he would breath in, the poor guy would start coughing. I was hoping that again it was from the change in weather and because I didn’t have the air purifier on the night before. That was just wishful thinking because when I took him to the consignment store to look at Halloween costumes this morning, my sister noticed snot dripping out his nose and down hid face. I quickly put the adorable $7 Eeyore costume back and went home before we got anyone sick.
Did I tell you guys about book babies? It’s a weekly story time at the library for babies one year and under. Last Thursday was our first time at the event and we had a blast! Declan loves looking and playing with the other babies. One particularly cute little boy was crawling all over place sticking everything all over his face. I noticed he had snot running down his face and prayed that he wasn’t sick. I tried my best to keep Declan away but it’s hard to ward of microscopic enemies. There is no doubt in my mind that this sickness we are currently experiencing is because of one careless mother. I mean, come on! You don’t take your sick baby to a baby group to infect all the rest of the kids. That is just plain rude! The poor little guy has no idea he is going to get others sick so it is up to you, yes you, the mother to try and contain the cold and not just keep spreading it around.
Okay I am done with my rant.I gave Baby Declan some Tylenol and put him to bed. I hope he feels a little better when he gets up from his nap

No comments: