Sunday, January 18, 2009

20 weeks 1 day

Wow our little guy is becoming such a wiggle worm! I only felt him a couple times all day and then from about 5:15-6:30 this evening it was nonstop action. I am still feeling the occasional twitch. Pregnancy hormones and cravings are in full swing. I adore anything chocolate. Today it’s been chocolate pudding, homemade instant pudding to be exact.

I have decided how I am going to decorate the nursery it is going to be green and brown earth tones with a slight Asian inspiration and white furniture. I haven’t picked out the exact wall colors but it is going to be two toned with a light color on the upper 2/3 and a dark color on the lower 1/3. We are going to use a chair rail separating the two. I have made a rough floor design of how the furniture is going to be organized.

Photobucket

I was looking on craigslist.org today and found some great deals on used baby items. I am looking for a used dresser, changing table, nightstand and shelving unit. I am going to buy the crib new from Ikea, I think. The height of Ikea cribs are perfect for women, like me, who are on the short side, I will be able to put the baby down with out having to worry about lowering a bar. I would really like to purchase these items one at a time when I have the money but the fact that Jason is still living in our baby’s room makes it impossible. Our house is way to small to be storing things like that. I need that room like yesterday, because the painting and decorating is going to take me a long time to fit into me busy schedule. Due to work and school for the next two months I am only going to have one a day a week off.

I am working on my registry at Target www.target.com/registry/baby/3E4SWT76S12VA/guestview (cut and paste) I am sure I have way to many clothing items listed but Shane and I are particular about the style of clothing baby will be dressed in. Hopefully the items shown will give a good idea of what type of gifts we will like.

My sister gave me a large number of hand me downs including two trash bags full of cloths, a large bag of infant toys, an infant bathtub, a changing pad and a boppy. How awesome is that!

I am trying to make arrangements for my baby shower, so nobody make plans for the weekend of March 29th. I know it’s a bit early but our schedules are so busy that is one of the only weekends we will have available before baby’s birth.

Now that I can feel him kicking and know that I have a sweet little boy growing inside me, everything suddenly seems so real. I am just so frickin happy. I have always pictured myself with a boy and thanks to Shane, we are going to experience the joys of raising one.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm of the opinion that earlier showers are nice so that you have plenty of time to get everything else you need! I'll keep that weekend open. I have two showers planned- (March 7th and March 21st), just so you know. I'd love for you and Shane to be there so let me know which date works best.
I'm stressing about getting everything read as well. It's not like we have someone living in our baby room but it's crammed with boxes and random things that I cringe every time I look inside. Ugh. Some work we have ahead of us!
Just keep in mind, you may not necessarily need the room right away (if you're keeping him in a bassinet in your room for a couple months or something). Dave's sis didn't get a chance to finish the baby room until Ethan was 6 months! It's just nice to imagine having everything ready to go.

Violet, Shane and Declan said...

Our main problem is storage. With out that room I cannot purchase anything or even put away what I already have. Plus, two years is a little long, especially once your roommates are engaged and preggo you think it would be common sense it's time to move out.

Unknown said...

I like how the cat is posing with you in the pictures. It's cute.

I wanna come to your shower. I got something in mind gift-wise... I'm so excited for you!!!!!