Wednesday, May 6, 2009

35 weeks 4 days Super Hormonal

This is so unbelievably stressful! Here we are only a few weeks from having a baby and we don’t even have a place for him to sleep. No bassinet, no co-sleeper, no crib mattress and no money. We don’t even have any diapers for god sake. We do have 2 great bum genius pocket diapers that were an awesome gift, but two diapers doesn’t really cut it. With my crazy hormones I tear up every time I think about it. The stress is overwhelming and driving me crazy. If it wasn’t for the generosity of others we wouldn’t have a damn thing for the baby.

A big “thank you!” to everyone for all of your support!

I know in 2 weeks we will be in a better situation and will be able to buy the things we need but I am so scared we are going to have this baby before we get a chance to do the shopping. The odds are not super high but I am still scared, it could happen and then what. I will be 37 going on 38 weeks by then, cutting it a little close I think.

Sorry guys I think I have turned into the super emotional pregnant lady you always hear about.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Worse comes to worse, you can always use a laundry basket. I joked about this with Dave when I felt like we were under-prepared. I'm sure that when the time comes, you'll be fine. I've seen the co-sleeper on Craigslist quite often. Also, we've ended up just having T-boy sleep in our bed most of the night. I'm in serious mommy mode and wake up to every single squeek he makes and I'm very aware of him when he's in our bed. It's also easier for nursing.

Unknown said...

I ditto what Maureen says. I coslept with Ian without a cosleeper and it was just fine. There are a ton of studies that have proven that mothers have the instinctual ability to protect their young even while asleep. In fact, western society is one of the few that separates the young at night. Sorry if I'm giving out too much advice, but it's one of the few areas I'm useful... :)