Friday, May 8, 2009

35 weeks 6 days

Thanks to wonderful wedding gift we received yesterday I was able to purchase a bed for Declan. After looking at MANY different options I finally decided to go with a pack’n play. When I saw this one on sale it looked like I was going to get the most for my money so I went ahead and got it. It has a bassinet and changing table. I figure it will be really nice to change any dirty diapers right there in the middle of the night instead of having to go to his room. We will have to move a couple things around in our bedroom but all and all it’s going to be a good fit.
I didn't of course realize until I got home that the thing doesnt come with sheet set. Oh well, I can get it tomorrow.
I also got some disposable changing pads to put under Declan while he sleeps to help contain any leaks in our bed. Gerber makes terrible pre-fold diapers they are thin and don’t work, but you can use them for wonderful cheap burp cloths. I was able to get 12 for $10 at Target. Not a bad deal, I don’t think I will ever need any more!
I feel so much better already! Having a place to rest Declan’s head has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. I am so happy.

Here are some pics. I am really happy with how tall it is, it should be easy for me to grab him for late night feedings.
I am not a huge fan of pooh stuff, but I think this set is just adorable!


No comments: