Sunday, December 28, 2008

17 weeks, oh my!

Wow, I can’t believe 17 weeks have already passed. Only 3 weeks to the halfway mark and finding out if we are having a Declan or a Piper. These names aren’t for sure yet, but we both like them and I am amazed that we have actually agreed on something. Our taste in names is VERY different.

Periodically over the last week I felt little flutters and I am told that this is the baby kicking. I don’t feel it very often and it’s so faint, I have a hard time believing it’s the baby. It could just be gas, you never know.

I am able to stomach more food these last two weeks. I am always really hungry during the first half of the day but I don’t seem to get hungry in the evenings so eating dinner is a challenge. I usually take a few bites and call it good. I worry sometimes that the baby isn’t getting what he needs. I usually have peanut butter & jelly toast for breakfast and some random leftovers or if I am at work, a bagel with cream cheese and a banana for lunch. After that I snack a bit, drink a few glasses of milk through out the day and call it good. I am worried that I am not consuming enough calories for me and baby. I guess I will talk to my OB in a few weeks and see what he thinks.

My goodness the uterus stretching is painful. It feels like period cramps only a bit different. These pains have gotten worse over the last two weeks, a lot of random, sometimes long lasting pain through out the day. I do get very worried about it, but my Doc says it is fine as long as I am not bleeding and that it is just my uterus getting bigger. So I try to let my mind rest.

Okay, so I am super excited! We bought a couch yesterday!! I have been dieing for a new couch for about a year now but couches are very expensive. Our old couch was really really cool! It was a 1964 sofa bed the only problem with it was the fact that it was the most horribly uncomfortable thing you ever sat on. My grandfather was VERY generous with his Christmas gift this year so we went out and got this beautiful new couch. (Thank you so much grandpa! I cant wait to see you in a week in a half!)

Photobucket
(Mr. Kitty Face thinks the couch is for him)

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and has a fantastic New Year.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It probably is the baby! You're right about where I started feeling the flutters. They feel about the same but get more prominent as the baby grows. I love the names you've chosen and I can't wait to find out if it'll be a little Shane or a little Violet running around.
Oh and the ligament stretching is horrid. Especially after a good sneeze and suddenly you get a burst of tightening and pain. But it's sort of exciting to in knowing that you can actually feel your belly growing. I had a really bad one at about 12 weeks that sent me calling my nurse advice line in tears. I was also probably a bit hormonal.

Sarah said...

I love your house Violet! It makes me homesick for my great grandmas house. I love Oregonian homes, very beautiful! I came across your blog on myspace and have been reading it for awile now. I wish I would have done that when I was prego. What a great gift to your child also. Congratulations on the baby, and being engaged! I wish you all the best!

Sarah