Wednesday, April 29, 2009

34 weeks 4 days

I can't stop thinking about this big baby situation. I have decided that I am going to proceed with a vaginal birth as long as he isn’t in any danger. I am not going to take the chance of breaking his clavicle, dislocating his shoulder or damaging his cervical plexus. If he hasn’t dropped by the time I am in labor I am going to get the epi right away so I don’t get exhausted early.
One thing I forgot to mention is, the ultra sound showed that I have a matured placenta. It looks okay for now but he said that it would be very unsafe to let my pregnancy go longer than 40 weeks. We are going to have to keep an eye on the placenta because once it reaches a certain point it will start to break down and Declan wont get the nourishment he needs. This is definitely a situation where I would get the c-section.
Oh yeah, to top it off, my amniotic fluid is on the low side.
Poor little guy, my uterus is turning into a harsh environment.
This is all so scary!

No comments: