Monday, February 2, 2009

22 weeks 2 days

Our little Declan is getting so strong! He is no longer fluttering around in there. He is now beating momma with some ferocity. His little kicks pokes and jabs are enough to wake me up at night. He has become a lot more active. I am starting to notice a little bit of a pattern, if fact, he bashing around right now. It’s hard to even describe how it feels now. It’s so weird! I love it! I am sure if I were to look I would be able to see some of these kicks, he always does while I am in public or in bed after the lights are off. I think it is so adorable that could be doing summersaults and back flips.
Now that he tastes the amnionic fluid I hope he doesn’t mind all of the spicy food I am addicted to. It’s so strange because before I was pregnant I couldn’t stand spicy food. I was such a wuss about my mouth burning, now I love it and it takes a lot to get me really hot.
My sciatica has gotten better and worse. I know confusing. I don’t have the constant pain any more, I just get random painful nerve twinges like 20+ times a day. It’s weird, I will feel okay, but when I try to stand up after sitting my sciatic will hurt really bad for a few minutes and then simmer down again after I start to walk around.
I have really been trying to walk a lot lately. I am really beginning to get concerned with weight gain. Even though most of it has gone to the belly I am scared I am going to gain like 80 pounds by the end, which would be bad for both baby and me. My favorite walk is parking at OMSI, crossing the Hawthorn bridge, walking down the west side waterfront to the Steel bride, crossing back over to the eastside esplanade and then back to OMSI. This walk is a really pretty 3-mile gaunt that is fairly flat so I can do it with very little pain.
Work is getting more and more difficult these days after standing bending lifting reaching and all of the other random movements I do my belly starts to feel weird, really, really heavy, like my movements have forced Declan into a really uncomfortable position for both of us.
By how things look at the moment we are going to have to push the shower back a bit. Shane and I are planning a little escape, a babymoon, if you will. The only time we are going to have available is the same week we were planning the shower. So we are going to push it out to the first or second weekend of April. Finding a venue has been challenging but I think we have narrowed it down to two places, you will either be eating pizza or Lebanese food. I am hoping for the Lebanese but we are waiting on a price quote that I will get today.Shane is doing well, he has been working a lot at the office in Beaverton and not as much at the hospital. I am sure the change of pace is fantastic. He gets excited when he feels Declan’s huge kicks, we are both so excited to meet him.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

It sounds like you and I are sharing the need for spice. I've just about downed all of my chili oil (need to get some more!) and tapatio.
Keep me posted on the Baby Shower. I'll be as big as a boat around then!
If you keep up the walking, I doubt you'll be packing on that much weight. Of course, keep in mind breast feeding burns 600 calories a day!