Tuesday, February 17, 2009

24 weeks 3 days

Last night was our first Bradley Birthing class! It was awesome! We are one of only four couples and another girl even has the same due date. It’s being held in a spare bedroom of the teacher’s house, who happens to only live like 5 minutes from our place. Last night was kind of an introduction class. We learned some relaxation breathing techniques, a few exercises and nutrition information. I am a little embarrassed that I had no idea the huge amount of protein I am supposed to be consuming each day.
I have made a few changes in my diet. I am keeping a food journal to keep track of my daily nutrition and to control my urge for sweets. It’s harder for my to eat that doughnut if I have to hold myself accountable by seeing the nutrition info right there in black and white. I finally bought fish oil supplements, super good for me and Deco. I have been meaning to for a while, but I would forget every time I went to the store. I am excited to see how they work. I have been told by many people that fish oil will help clear up psoriasis.
Declan is doing great, he’s just as active as ever. His punches and kicks are getting stronger everyday.
I am still spotting a bit, the Dr’s have no idea why. My OB does not think it’s related to the fall. When we went into see him on the 12th he ordered an ultra sound to make sure the placenta hadn’t separated from the uterus. Everything looked perfect. Declan is huge! He has space but boy, his room getting a little cramped.
I spoiled Shane and I this last week and I bought a fantastic new bed. We caught an amazing deal and got a very expensive mattress for 60% off MSRP. Sleeping is like a dream now.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh I hope you share any interesting things you learn about in your class. That sounds awesome. I've been working on keeping my own food journal for those very reasons. I have used www.babyfit.com, www.thedailyplate.com or www.fitday.com in the past because they all have decent online food database journals. I'm currently using the fitday journal because it graphs out my nutrient intake at the end of the day. I like the accountability it provides when I really want a cupcake or candy. Knowing that I have to write it down helps me to avoid it-- although it's not always successful.
I also started taking fish oil about where you are now. It was a bit troubling for me at first because I'm not used to the idea of taking fish oil since I don't even eat fish but I feel like it's best for the baby. They're supposed to be sooo good for you. I really like the brand, Spectrum because it comes from wild caught fish and doesn't have any mercury or other pollutants.
Sorry I'm rambling so much!!! I love that you're concerned about the same things I am and I'm so curious about the Bradley method, from what I've read. But I don't have the ability to take a class.

Violet, Shane and Declan said...

If you can't take the class then you should get the Bradley Student Workbook and Husband-Couched Childbirth 5th ed. They can both be found on the Bradley Method website. I think you can even get them at Powells.

Sarah said...

sugar free fudgesicles, 40 calories and they taste awesome!!!

Violet, Shane and Declan said...

mmmmm fudgesicle (imagine Homer)

Maureen said...

I'll look into that, for real. Oh my goodness, I love fudgesicles!