Saturday, February 28, 2009

26 weeks

The third trimester is closing in on me! How exciting!
Sleeping has become a new challenge. Declan likes to kick me awake all night, little booger. I always want to sleep on back too. I wake up all night long on my back sleeping sooooo comfortably. I force myself to roll over and go back to sleep.
Good news, I am not spotting anymore! Except for being brutally tired I have been feeling great!
I went to JoAnn Fabric today, awesome. I forgot how fantastic that place is. I bought the wood letters for Declan’s name already primered, some little nautical wood cutouts, paint, paint brushes and a couple of iron on onesie designs for only $15. They have an awesome treasure chest that is ready to be painted for only $19.99. I am going to make it look like a pirates treasure chest and put diapering goodies in it. I love crafts. I am so incredibly excited to start doing crafts with Deco.
I finally came to the decision that I am not going to attend school next term. The end of term date and my due date are too close; I don’t want to risk it. I don’t want to push myself too hard either. I wont be under as much stress and I will be able to get everything ready before the baby arrives.
Tomorrow is the 1st so Jason should move all his stuff out and he should get the walls prepped for painting in a couple days. My friends Erica and Diane said they would help me with the paint. I am not very experienced and I want it to look good. YEAH!!
Here are some pics of the painted name. The letters are still wet and sitting on some wax paper. I am going to hang the letters with wire and attached the cutouts to the wall underneath with Velcro. I am still working on the pattern so the final product will look different I am sure.


2 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh my goodness, you are about the end of the second trimester. Already??!! Gosh, time is flying! I love your crafty ideas! I'm jealous that you get to paint the room and get it all decked out for deco. That is so exciting. Today I've been trying to sort out the boxes in the spare room and it's making me tingle with excitement. The furniture is coming up at the end of the month and I can't wait. It's almost upon us now!

Maureen said...

Oh yeah and I forgot to add that I totally second your opinion to take the term off. It's too stressful that close to your due date. Plus, you'll be so distracted with preparing for the baby, it may be difficult to concentrate. I actually had a girl in my class tell me she took a class with another pregnant lady who went into labor in the MIDDLE of the final exam! She stayed to finish the exam and then when she left the instructor informed the class that she had left to go have her baby!