Tuesday, February 10, 2009

23 weeks 3 days

Sorry guys, this is a “poor me” blog. Read at you own risk.

This cold needs to go! I have been sick for 6 days now and I haven’t even gone through all of the stages yet. I entered a new phase of nose blowing, coughing, runny-stuffed up awfulness to add to the sore throat, aching head and overall shitty feeling.
I thought that all of my exercise was the reason my back felt so good, turns out it’s only partially the reason. The main factor is my lack of hours at work. I have only been doing about 10-12 a week. Bad when payday rolls around, good for my overall well being. Even my new super comfy shoes didn’t help with the crippling back pain. I walk around the mall for a bit after work with my sister trying to work out the pain but when I got home I endured intense pain that had me bed ridden for hours this afternoon. I couldn’t get up or roll over with out gasping an almost breaking into tears.
I took a spill last night that was really scary. I tripped and fell face first down the bottom 3 basement stairs while carrying a basket of laundry. My reactions were quick, I managed to drop the basket and grab the hot water heater to stop from falling straight onto Declan. I did, however, land on my leg and my knee jabbed into my stomach so hard it hurt for a bout 10 minutes. Thank goodness for all that amniotic fluid. I was still worried all night that I had like, gotten him in the head and injured him. To make it worse he wasn’t really kicking around. He has been active today so I didn’t see any need to call the Doc. I came out with just a couple scrapes I twisted my ankle and bent my big toe back, no biggie, I'm just a little sore today.

Good News

Our Bradley Birthing class starts next Monday! I am really exited I will about 34 weeks when the classes end. I will have to study and practice at home so I don’t forget anything in those weeks prior to labor :)
She teaches all 12 Bradley classes, in 10 weeks. She also includes labor rehearsals, nutrition, pregnancy exercises and how to stay low risk. She also discusses the best way to interact with hospital staff so as to keep their enthusiastic support in your birthing plan.

No comments: