Wednesday, February 11, 2009

23 weeks 4 days

This morning I experienced the scariest moments of my life. I got up at 8am to use the bathroom feeling very tired from little sleep the night before. When I was done I looked down and the toilet paper was saturated in blood. I immediately panicked and ran back into the room crying uncontrollably. I woke up Shane and we rushed to the hospital. They got me into a room in L&D with in 10 minutes of arriving.
I was so worried, Declan usually kicks around a lot at night when I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up. He didn’t kick at all last night or this morning. I though for sure we were losing our little man.
A nurse came into our room and hooked me up to a fetal monitor and she immediately found his heartbeat. I was there for about 45 minutes listening to his heart and him moving around. The Doc came in, felt around on my tummy and then I was discharged. Turns out I was really stupid to not call the Doctor when I fell down the stairs. They told me if I would have called they would have wanted me come to the hospital and be under observation for 48 hours. Since that amount of time had already passed and everything sounded good they felt comfortable with releasing me right away.
They figured the blood was caused by the fall and it took it a little while to come out. I am supposed to take it easy and call if I start to bleed more. I got a bit of a lecture, I am no longer aloud to take the laundry downstairs and if I fall again I am to call the clinic ASAP. Deco is being SUPER active tonight, lots of kicks and good stretches.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh my goodness! Bad Violet!
I'm so glad to hear everything is fine. What a scare!

Unknown said...

I'm very much relieved that all is well with little Declan. I will keep both of you in my prayers!!!